Training Level Dressage (USDF v. 2023) Workshop
Imagine... you are riding down the centerline, halting, and saluting to the judge and you have complete confidence in the test you are about to ride! You visualize your success. You understand what the judge is looking for, you know how to present your strengths and how to deal with your weaknesses. You are proud of how far you and your horse have come. This is your moment to shine!
Could this be you? ABSOLUTELY!
- Confused about how dressage judging works
- Frustrated that you just can't get into the ribbons
- Stuck that you're not improving your scores or riding
- Afraid of test riding
- Struggling with confidence in the show ring
- Confidence in your own abilities and in your ride
- The theory and logic behind the purpose of each level of Dressage
- Specific exercises for each movement in the tests
- How to build on your riding at each level to produce better rides
- The ability to increase your scores and abilities
This course, Training Level Dressage, is all about breaking things down and giving you the skills to get out there into the show ring and excel! By understanding exactly what the judge is looking for, how to identify and improve your weakness, and going through each of the Training Level tests movement-by-movement, you will have a clear picture of the steps to take to enter the ring prepared for Training Level!
Invest in yourself and in your dream! It is so important to understand exactly what is expected in the show ring and what the judge is looking for. Practicing and working with your horse to understand and properly execute each movement is key. Showing is a performance so get ready to really show off for the judges!
Learning Training Level dressage will give you and your horse a firm foundation and an introduction to dressage basics. You will have more influence with your horse and increase your confidence. And who knows, although you may not be showing now, you may see such a boost in your ability and confidence that decide you want to get out there and participate.
- Learn how to ride each movement
- Specific videos on topics such as (The scoring and collective marks, How to train the stretch circle, The Halt, The Canter and Canter transition, Geometry and accuracy, and MORE!)
- Get a step-by-step for each Training Level test (watch and listen to Amelia riding the tests)
- Learn the Theory (learn what judges are looking for)
- Getting the right mindset (train your mind and body)
- Competition Preparation (the warm-up, braiding, and more)
- USDF University credits
- Ability to ask questions at any time
- Lifetime Access
- 100% HorsieBack Guarantee (30-day, no questions asked!)
THIS is YOUR year! Let’s do this together. We will help you prepare, improve your scores and achieve your goals!
As a dressage trainer, my goal is to make good training accessible to everyone who is interested in learning. I want to help YOU "learn, to love your ride!"
Amelia is passionate about sharing her knowledge of riding, horses and dressage. She has trained numerous horses and riders from Training Levels to the Grand Prix. Dressage is hard and she loves the challenge of educating riders and horses. Amelia has a clear understanding of rider position, how to ride a horse and train the movements.
Unlike many top riders, Amelia was NOT a natural talent and fell off so many times in her early riding days that her instructor nearly told her parents she should quit riding! Perseverance, love of all horses, and determination, not innate talent, is what made Amelia into the rider and horsewoman that she is today. Amelia is incredibly grateful to all the teachers who have helped her on this journey especially Joh Hinnemann, Christine Traurig, Sue Martin, Larry Fleming and Julie Barringer-Richers and of course the thousands of horses she's ridden including Geronimo, Trump, and Harvey.
Amelia enjoys helping each individual student and horse find harmony, trust, and balance. "Nothing is more rewarding than watching one of my students glide harmoniously around the ring together with their horse! This makes my heart soar!" says Amelia.
Amelia hopes to one day represent the U.S.A. on the international circuit and loves training her three horses, Harvey, Kensington and Luigi in Los Angeles, CA. Amelia has her USDF Gold, Silver and Bronze medals, She is the winner of the prestigious USEF Carol Lavell Advanced Dressage Prize and a member of the USEF Dressage Development Program.